Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Goal

Trying to get myself back into the habit of blogging. Although I've tried to "keep my head in the game" of losing weight, I've decided to give calorie counting a break. Hubby is currently using my BodyBugg and I've stopped using the SparkPeople website to track foods I've eaten and exercises I've done. I've decided to just focus on eating healthily and getting some form of exercise every day.

However, although this is working out okay, I want to give myself some clear goals to keep my motivation up. I've always enjoyed tracking my workouts and SparkPeople was good for this as far as getting points for minutes spent exercising and tracking fitness goals. So, I've decided I want to walk/run 500 miles this year. So by December 31st of this year, I will have walked or run 500 miles. This is in addition to my workout classes at the gym, which I'm supposed to be attending four days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday are aerobics and Thursday is Pilates). So I don't want to over-commit. To do 500 miles by the end of the year roughly calculates to 11.1 miles per week. That should be totally doable. Also, I want to try my 100 days of exercise again. I haven't attempted it in months and last time I made it to 50+ days. I can do this!

I am going to revise the 100 days of exercise, though. I'm going to require only 10 minutes of exercise each day, minimum, rather than 20. Most days I will easily do more than 10 minutes, but if I'm having a bad day or don't feel well, even sick I should be able to walk for 10 minutes, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment