Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 57 and BMI and Weigh-In

Firstly, my weight this morning was 138.6. That was my goal before I went on vacation - so yay me!! I was all excited, thinking I was finally UNDER the obesity range. However, when I did the calculation, my BMI is 30.0. Another 0.2 pound loss and I would be merely overweight today rather than still obese. Frustrating, but really meaningless, right? I mean, I'm doing great so that would be a stupid thing to get caught up in. And by tomorrow I could be under the 30. So, whatev, I'm happy with my progress! 28 pounds to go.

I'm on Day 57 of my 100 days of exercise goal. It's weird because now I feel off if I don't exercise. It really is true that it becomes habit forming. Yesterday I had done only 30 minutes of strength training and usually would follow that up with at least a walk in the evening, if not a jog or an aerobics class. But I just didn't have time with getting ready for vacation, so I skipped the aerobic portion of my workout. I had a really hard time getting to sleep and I felt like I was missing something. I plan on squeezing in a jog before I hit the road today, though. Getting my daily exercise will be a challenge on the road, but we'll figure it out. I have a gym membership to 24 hour fitness, so I can always stop at any one of those along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment