Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weigh-In & New Goal

Weight: 156.4
Loss: 2.2

That would be excellent if it weren't for that the last time I weighed in was several weeks ago. Actually, it is excellent anyway, cuz it's going in the right direction, right? And I'm nearing my all-time low in 7 years, which is 154.

So, I haven't had any clear goals, other than to keep losing weight and eat healthier and stay exercising. Which are good goals, but not specific, set goals. I haven't wanted to pressure myself to have to lose a certain amount by a certain time because I felt if I wasn't doing well then I would want to give up.

And maybe that is true of me before, but I don't think it is anymore. I've had a LOT of falls on this journey but I have continued to move forward. I've done a lot of back steps and side steps, but I haven't stopped and given up. The fact that I've been doing this for more than a year tells me how far I've come.

I actually have a vacation planned! I put in a request a few weeks ago for the week of Thanksgiving off from work. An entire week of no work!!! I'll be taking the kids to Southern California to visit my family. I may have to go into the office too, which I haven't been in in nearly a year. I want to be MUCH thinner before I go down there. I would love to be 110, but that isn't going to happen. So I used the tools on FitDay to establish a reasonable goal weight for myself, which is 140. That means I need to lose 1.5 pounds per week. I've been losing 0.5 pounds on average per week, so this will mean putting a lot more effort into my weight loss. I'm ready for that and even a little excited at the prospect of having a real goal to achieve. It will feel great to be able to achieve a specific goal like that.

So, today is the start of my new goal - 140 pounds by November 20. Which means I need to lose 16 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. At first I thought: 16 pounds in a month?! Totally forgetting that your Thanksgiving is much later than ours, lol.

    You can do it! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete