Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slowing Re-Gaining

I'm not deluding myself. I know that every morning I get on the scale it is a little higher than the day before. Nothing earthshattering, but half a pound here, a quarter of a pound there... it all adds up eventually. And it's all down to my eating. I CAN'T STOP EATING AT NIGHT! Seriously, I am eating toast with butter and jam at 11:00 pm. Or, as with last night, 2 candy bars and then a piece of sour dough bread with butter. And I can't seem to CARE. I mean, of course I care about gaining, but at the moment when I'm eating I really don't care. I don't care if I gain weight from processed, sugared, fattening food. I just want to eat it. In fact, I'm getting to the point where I'm kinda freaking out if I don't have something sweet to eat after dinner. Like something bad will happen if I don't get an after-dinner treat. So frustrating! I've purchased a book on dealing with emotional eating, but I have to actually READ the thing for it to potentially have any impact. That's my goal for tonight - to read the damn book. And NOT have an after-dinner sweet.

2 comments:

  1. ohh yes. I've sooooo been there. Its hard to make yourself stop. I've had times where I've spat food out into the garbage...only to get more to eat.

    Its not easy to change. One thing that has help me not eating at night is brushing my teeth if I get "snacky". Its fresh, tasty, and distracting!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing a lot of emotional snacking lately, especially in the last few days. It's all about sugar, too. I think I'm addicted to the happy rush from sugar.


    I hope you're able to work past it.

    ReplyDelete