Friday, December 11, 2009

Cookies

So here's how it works...

I had a pretty good food day yesterday. The only fly in the ointment (not literally, I'm not that desperate) was I had had a piece of leftover birthday cake after lunch. But, lunch was a baked potato with fat-free cheese and salt so it was okay. I had turkey and green beans for dinner. My total calories for the day was 1213, which was good because, again, except for a rather light walk, I hadn't exercised and opted to go shopping instead of Jazzercise because I'm lame that way. But, anyway, the point is I had still had a good day despite my lack of significant exercise.

Then, last night, at like 11:00 pm, my daughter decided to make oatmeal cookies. They smelled good, but not mouth-watering good. I wasn't hungry.

She asked me if I wanted any. I didn't. Two, please, I said instead.

I ate the first. It was okay, a bit too much baking soda or something. It didn't taste great. It didn't satisfy some great beast inside me. It was just okay and I was reading my book and eating it.

So, that's it, right? I wasn't hungry. The cookie didn't taste that good. I was happy with my calories for the day up to that point. I was a happy person, in fact, at that moment. Not ecstatically, let's celebrate happy, but happy content.

I ate the second cookie.

I don't know why, other than that it was there on my plate and it was a cookie. I mean, who leaves a cookie on their plate??

The second was no better than the first. And, while eating the second cookie, I kept thinking "why am I eating this?" But, I still ate the entire thing.

So, that's my story, I ate the two cookies I didn't want nor need and pushed my calories out of the deficit range. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment