Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weigh-In

Previous Weight: 155.4
Current Weight: 154.4

Another pound - gone! I'm always happy for a pound since I'm more likely to maintain than actually lose. And a pound is a lot, actually. Maybe not on BL, but in terms of physicality, even a pound can make a difference in how your clothes fit and how you look.

Funny thing is, I had decided last weekend that I would stop worrying about calories and losing weight and focus on another goal I had for when I lost enough weight. I've always wanted to run a marathon. I don't particularly enjoy running, but I love the idea of the physical strength and perseverence it takes to finish a marathon.

So, I've found a 5k I want to run on April 11. Not a marathon or even a half marathon, but I have to start somewhere. I have a paved trail behind my house that, I estimate, is about an eighth of a mile around. So, last weekend hubby and I went out there to see how long it would take me to run a mile. I didn't think I'd be able to run a full mile, and I didn't, but I only walked one eighth of the mile and jogged the rest. That was pretty good compared to how I used to be. It also took me more than 10 minutes, but its a start.

See, I have this problem with lack of follow-through, especially on the hard stuff. So, if I can train for and work toward completing a 5k and then actually do it, that would be amazing. I would prove to myself what I actually can do.

So, here's how my mind works, I guess. I haven't trained a SINGLE DAY since I made that goal. However, I've been especially good with my calorie tracking and eating. Better than I have in months! I'm so contrary!

No comments:

Post a Comment