Thursday, May 21, 2009

Weigh-In

Weight: 163.4
Lost: 0.4

Well, it's not a gain, right? I'm still moving in the right direction, despite all my slip-ups. And I've had a LOT of slip-ups during the past week, so that's just how it is. Actually, yesterday my number was a lot lower (162.8) but I had an ice cream after dinner and then ANOTHER one before I went to bed. I knew I would screw up my weigh-in but I only worried about it after I ate the ice cream, of course. Today has been better and I'm not going to beat myself up about it because this is my life - this is my diet for life. It WILL be good days and bad days and better days and worse days. At least I know that once I get to maintenance, I know what to do :)

I'm working a lot more this week - things are finally picking up and I have my full hours back. Unfortunately, this has created a downfall in my keeping up with the housework. I was getting the kitchen cleaned every night, making dinner, vacuumming, stuff like that. The house is a wreck right now and I know I should get moving and clean, but I just want to relax and read my book.

I borrowed a new workout DVD from the Library; it's the You Getting Thinner exercise DVD. It's HARD!!!! The trainer doesn't use any weights or aerobics but my heart was really pumping and my muscles were shaking from the effort of doing the exercises. It was a lot of old-school exercises with some new variations and really difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm sore tomorrow, which I haven't been since like February or March. Anyway, it was a really good workout and I'm actually looking forward to doing it again. I was able to do all of the exercises for level 1 and most of them for level 2, and I KNOW I wouldn't have been able to even contemplate Level 2 a couple months ago, so that made me feel good.

Hubby is gone and I'm trying not to be sad. He'll be back by the 27th though, at least. I look forward to then! I'm going to really try to be a positive happy person when I speak with him and maybe get us on better footing before he comes home. I think all my struggles is weighing him down with guilt - it hadn't crossed my mind that that would be the problem until he made a couple comments this week. I felt bad! I can be very self-involved sometimes.

Anyway, I'm off to read and be lazy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment