Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Craziness

Its been crazy around here, what with the move tomorrow. I've been trying to keep the house clean for showings and pack and work on top of it. During the past week and a half, I've been covering for another girl at work, which doubled my workload. I've literally been getting up, working, then moving on to packing and cleaning, until 10 or 11 each night. I'm already exhausted and we have the 3 biggest days ahead of us now, packing today and loading the truck tomorrow and driving to our new home the next day. At least it's finally about to be over.

On top of all that, I've been extremely stressed for some reason. I mean, I know I'm stressed about the move itself, stressed about all the minutae involved in moving, plus covering for a job I'm not comfortable with for lack of practice. Then the weird behavior from my daughter's friends mother and her birthday was 2 days later so I had to come up with a really good way to celebrate. I guess my 2 year old has been feeling my tension because he has been especially difficult, very whiney and demanding.

I was trying to track my weight but it was all over the place, as was my eating. Because of the packing and cleaning, I haven't exercised in over a week. But, I had to put that on the back burner. Once I get through this move and re-settled in Washington, I'll get back to serious exercising. Not that I'm giving up on my weight loss, but some things have to be set aside during this time. I'm still watching what I eat for the most part and conscious of it not being beneficial when I make less than good food choices. I'm also listening to several weight loss podcasts, which help too. I'm just head down, full steam ahead with this move and everything else is secondary.

I don't hold much hope of a good weight loss during this time (scale is packed) because I'm sure I'm made up of 50% water, 50% cortisol at the moment. I'm sometimes starving hungry and other times totally put off by food. I'm not sleeping well and I have a constant feeling of anxiety. I just hope I don't gain weight cuz that would be totally uncool.

No comments:

Post a Comment