Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Settling In

We're finally moved into our new house and mostly everything is put in it's place. I still have a few boxes in the garage, but not many. I was very determined to get the house in order as quickly as possible and had most of the boxes unpacked and our furniture organized by the third night. I was surprisingly not sore after all the hefting and carrying, going up and down the stairs a zillion times and sorting and putting stuff away. Monday and yesterday night I didn't have too much to do, just minor unpacking of the last boxes and doing laundry and cleaning. Tonight I'll get the last of the boxes but I think there are only about 3 left so that won't take long.

I haven't exercised in over a week because of all the packing and loading/unpacking and unloading, which was way more exercise than I would get from a DVD or the treadmill! I will get back on that wagon today, though. I'm more determined than ever to maintain being in better shape because I know that's what gave me the energy and drive to get this move done as quickly as possible and led to me not feeling sore.

I need to get back into the game with my eating, as well. Portion-wise I was doing really well until yesterday, but I was eating fast-food and whatever was at hand, which was usually a less than good food choice. Yesterday, for some reason, I overate to the point of feeling over full. Maybe just a comedown from the stress of moving? Not sure, but I felt annoyed with myself about it. I need to get back to the calorie counting again and making smart food choices. That's the plan for today, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment