Thursday, August 27, 2009

Emotional eating, anyone?

Its been a good week, but also a trying week. I've been having to go non-stop without a lot of time for myself. I'm still making time for exercise, so I'm doing good in that regard. Today I incorporated my workout into running to my toddler's new preschool to drop off the enrollment paperwork. Its only a mile each way, but still a decent workout, especially since I'd done so much yesterday. And it was hot today, so that 2 miles was enough for me. Actually it was more like 2.5 miles. But, anyway...

I was doing okay until a few things happened: 1. I found out hubby wasn't coming home this afternoon like he was supposed to - he was held up and won't be home until tomorrow at the earliest; 2. I learned my mother-in-law and her mother are coming to visit and that means having the house super clean, which, while I've maintained tidiness in the house this week, I haven't had a lot of time for a good cleaning; 3. Hubby and I got into a fight, one of our revolving disagreements and I had my feelings severely hurt; 4. I got into a confrontation with my supervisor at work (minor, but still upsetting); 5. I didn't sleep well last night and have been fighting a headache all day...

By this evening, I was feeling tired, out of sorts, angry, unsure of myself, worried, put upon, etc. I chose to eat ice cream. I ate a huge bowl of it, consciously scooping at least three servings' worth into a bowl. I knew exactly what I was doing while I was doing it - I was totally conscious of why I was eating the ice cream, and how I would be disappointed with myself later, etc. etc. but I just didn't give a damn. I pretty much thumbed my nose at my better side.

It wasn't even that good, having been in the freezer too long.

But I ate it all and then I calmed down and that was the end of it. And, actually, I don't even feel that bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment