Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good Day

I had a good day with the working out. I've discovered workouts on Fit TV and did a dvr'd dance routine and then some strength training. I followed that up with a walk to the library and back, which is about a mile away. It was really warm out today so it felt good and it's good to get the kids out.

This week hasn't been nearly as bad as I feared it would be. The kids and I have found our own rhythm and, surprisingly, I've been able to keep working full time. I just plop my laptop down on the kitchen table and (with the wonders of a one-room living space) can monitor the kids as they play in the living room, watch PBS shows or out the back door, which is literally two feet from the dining room table. I can see the entire back yard from my perch, thanks to a small yard and there being five windows on that wall alone. Definite advantages to living in small spaces. They also go up to their room occasionally, but I've roped off all rooms but their bedroom and that is child proof so I only have to go up and check on them occasionally while they're up there. Fortunately, though, they prefer to be downstairs.

We've gone on a couple walks this week. I took them to the library the other night, to see how long it would take us, and then got lost on the way back. It was getting dark and I was nearly to the point of calling hubby and having him help me back with the aid of a map, but then I found a recognizable street and we made it home. What I thought would be a 30 minute walk ended up being nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes, but that's not a bad thing. And it didn't feel overly long. I was only nervous about it being dark and finding my way home. I've also taken the kids to the park and let them run around in the sun.

After work, I've been warming up the pre-cooked dinners (I'm so glad I did that!!) and then bathing them and putting them in bed. Then it's clean-up time for me, followed by maybe 30 minutes to read in bed. Not a lot of me time, for sure. Hubby owes me when he gets back. :)

However, it's actually been kinda nice just having the two little ones around, like I can connect with them a bit more than I usually give myself time for. We've enjoyed some quiet times reading, playing blocks or sitting and watching Sesame Street together. It's been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment