Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Days 94 & 93

So, here's how it went:

Day 94, I was driving 18 hours to So Cal. I figured the only way I'd get any exercise was to walk around every time we stopped for food, fuel or bathroom. This didn't work well for the first several hours of the trip because it was raining steadily through Oregon. We got into California and it was gray and cold, but not raining so I finally got out of the car to walk around the block while hubby was re-fueling. It was cold, with huge snow drifts along the sides of the road. I had gone about a tenth of the way down the block when it began hailing then raining then snowing. I still completed a walk around the block but I was feeling quite wet and cold by the time I got back to the car. At the next few stops it was blissfully precipitation free and I was able to do some more serious walking, and even spent some time chasing the kids around a couple rest stops. Even though I probably hadn't walked more than a mile in total, the fact that I had made a concerted effort to exercise counts as a successful exercise day in my book.

Day 93, went for a rapid-fire walk with my sister who always moves as though she's being chased by a herd of elephants. It was a good walk. Not long but some serious hills involved made it a successful day of exercise.

And that was it - the end of my days of exercising. The following days spent in So Cal were busy and stressful and exercise didn't make it on the agendas. The drive home was exhausting and while I did do some walking around again, it wasn't with the same level of intensity or determination as before and I don't feel I was seriously exercising, rather just stretching my legs.

So, my 100 days goal came to a screeching halt at day 92.

No comments:

Post a Comment