Saturday, February 6, 2010

100 Days of Exercise

This has been my goal for a while but I haven't been working on it. Today is Day 1! If I'm going to have a goal, I need to at least try to achieve it instead of just writing it down and forgetting it.

I haven't been blogging much and we all know what that means...

Several days of bad eating: fries and cheesecake at a restaurant; carrot cake and a donut (yes, both!); 4 pieces of raisin bread with butter right before dinner - these are just a few examples of what I've been up to over the last week. And, surprise surprise, the scale was up in the 150's range again today. I'm not above calling myself every bad name in the book when I feel I'm sabotaging efforts.

However, today is a turning point. I am back to tracking calories. I am back to working out a little harder (not just a short walk) and I am back to blogging. All the things I need to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Today when I was setting my weight loss goal and inputting my current weight, I realized that to be back in the normal weight range, I have only to lose 37 pounds. Maybe that seems a lot to some, but it surprised me. 37 pounds IS a lot, but it's not when you consider I started with more than 70 pounds to lose when I started. It doesn't seem a lot when you consider that I've already lost 35 pounds. It has taken me a while, but I've done it and I continue to do it. I'm not a failure or weak or lacking self-discipline or all the other things I tell myself on a daily basis; because I'm doing it - on my own time. And it's working. So, I need to keep doing what I know works. And aside from that, I need to revel in what I've gained with my weight loss: I wear jeans nearly daily now; I sleep well; I have energy; I'm ten times happier and more content with life than I was a year ago; I can move my body in ways I couldn't a year ago; I don't shy away from going out and socializing; and then some.

It gave me the motivation to have a good workout today. I walked with the kids for 2 miles and then jogged/walked on my treadmill another 2.5 miles. I would have run more but my knee has been hurting and I didn't want to push it. Either way, it was a good workout. I feel tired and sore but good. Tomorrow I should get thee to the gym. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment