Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day Off!

I'm off work today for a medical appointment and just to unwind a bit. Work has been really stressful lately. In fact, I was feeling so stressed last night, I kept thinking "I'm hungry!" but then would remember "no, you're just stressed." And last night I was really unhappy with myself because I don't feel like I handle work problems well, which starts the negative inner comments, which starts the feelings of being depressed. I kept telling myself "you are not going to think this way; thinking this way leads to fat, unhappy you who does not get out of bed, exercise or take care of her kids properly." I had a brief bout of self-pity crying and then got ahold of myself again. I think I did pretty well taking control rather than letting myself be dragged through the mud of my emotions.

So, having a (paid) day off is great! I'm getting blood work drawn at my doctor's to check my levels are all good.

I'm keeping the 12:30 gym appointment because I'm just starting that routine and want to keep it going. In fact, I used my gym time today to distract myself from feeling bad when I was going to sleep last night. I began planning which machines in which order I would work out on today. Next thing I know, it's morning, so it worked! It's almost laughable that I would be falling asleep to thoughts of gym workouts.

I STILL need to work on my water consumption. I'm up to 4 glasses per day, but need to hit that 6. My goal is 6 rather than 8 because when I drink 6 I'm peeing clear so I figure that's enough lol.

When I started this blog, I was really hoping it would help bring accountability to my weight loss goal, as well as a refresh on my motivation. I really didn't imagine anyone would want to read what I have to say or respond at all. It is AMAZING that you are reading this and giving me support and motivation with your kind words. I feel renewed and strong and great. I can't thank you guys enough for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment