Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Forgive the caps, but this is big...

Okay, that's probably an exaggeration, but to me this is big. I JOGGED FOR 15 MINUTES STRAIGHT on the treadmill at the gym today! Anytime I've tried jogging before I could barely do a couple minutes without feeling like I was going to keel over. I try to do the walk with an occasional jog for 60 seconds thing to help burn calories and started doing that early on in my workout today. After a couple minutes, I felt okay and thought "wow, I think I can go 5 minutes" - at 5 minutes, I thought I could go 10 minutes - at 10 minutes, I thought I could even go 15 minutes. At 15 minutes, my butt muscles were separating from my back and I had to quit cuz it was becoming severely uncomfortable. I kept imagining my behind as like a car with the shocks gone out and whenever the driver goes over a bump the back end keeps bouncing long after. My shocks were defo not up to par! But, nevermind that, I JOGGED FOR 15 MINUTES!!! I had such a high after that.

I did another 20 minutes on the treadmill with 10 of those on a good incline. I then worked out for 15 minutes on the strength training machines, despite there being other people in the room. I was too happy with my jogging to care about looking like a fat, uncoordinated, don't know what I'm doing on the weight machines. Then I topped it all off with 10 minutes on the stationary bike. By then I had to get the baby and get back home to work cuz there were all kinds of problems today.

The daycare was really nice and Nathan didn't care at all when I left him. You wouldn't guess he's never been left in daycare or school, he just walked away from me and started playing. He didn't look up when I left and when I came back he just ignored me. That kid is so hard on the mommy feelings lol. There were about 4 girls running the daycare room and about 8 kids, so I felt really comfortable with the odds. They also have a lock on the door so the kids can't get out and a secure check-in system for parents so no one can take off with someone else's kid. But, really, they seem to recognize most of the parents anyway so I don't think that would be a problem.

All in all I felt really happy with my gym experience today. I'm looking forward to Thursday's weigh-in :). Altho, I must keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat!

4 comments:

  1. HELL YA!!!!!!!!!

    nice work on the jogging! I soooo hear you on the butt/back soreness!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm still chuffed with myself - thanks for your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST CAPS? :)
    methinks you need some stars to boot.


    *********

    that's great!

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 15 minute run!

    ReplyDelete