Monday, January 19, 2009

Leaving a Warm Bed

Weight: 169.8
First Goal: 140

Is there anything more difficult than getting out of bed on a cold, Monday morning? Especially when you know you have a ton of work to do that you just don't want to do. It's even more difficult when you don't have to punch a clock or arrive to work at a specific time. Since I work from home, no one but me (and the babysitter!) know if I get up and to work "on time." So, I'm always happy when I manage to get my behind in gear and start working by 8 am. Today, I'm here but dragging... I have a mild headache and I feel as though I slept in a prickly bush.

I had a bad night last night. The older kids bought candy to eat while we watched a movie and I resisted at first, but then I thought I'd just have one of each... an hour later and I'd eaten more than my share of the goodies. I should have had a much bigger loss this morning, but I know I'm up nearly a pound from yesterday morning. I'm so annoyed with myself. Not to the point where I'm going to give up all hope and not bother anymore; just kinda in a self-hand-slapping way. I know I can recover, but it's annoying nonetheless. I didn't even get much exercise yesterday because, although I had intended to walk around at a new park yesterday, I ended up just walking the short distance to the playground and back.

I'm starting a new system today though, especially since I have *some* accountability here. I know there are numerous steps one can take to make a weight loss goal happen and they seem really easy to do. For instance, drinking more water, not eating 3 hours before bedtime, 30 minutes of exercise daily, eating more fiber, eating small meals throughout the day, eating breakfast, etc. But, making all those changes aren't as easy as they would seem. I am learning to eat breakfast, but I'm terrible with drinking water. I still tend to eat bigger meals and eating before bedtime... that's definitely a battle.

Therefore, in an effort to become accustomed to these changes, I'm going to take on one a day. I'm going to assign a daily commitment to myself. Every day I will commit to drinking 6 glasses of water or not eating 3 hours before bedtime or eating 5 or more servings of fruits and veg. Hopefully this will get me accustomed to doing these things and only having to concentrate on one a day makes it seem more doable.

Today, I'll do the water. That is the hardest thing of all for me to do. And today is a good day because I don't have to do any errands.

So, 6 glasses of water and lots of peeing...here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment