Saturday, April 24, 2010

All part of the process...

I had several good days of eating and exercising and then last night.. I overate. Its all part of the cycle and the process. I ate a lot tonight, too, but not so much as last night. And tonight was just eating a little more dinner than I needed to. Last night, I ate until I felt sick. I woke at 2am and still felt full. And it was all ice cream and candy and treats, etc. etc. Anyway, so I woke this morning disgusted with myself, but then I realized that it is all part of the process. No one can be 100% and trying to keep my calories to within a certain amount always causes me to feel deprived and rebound by eating too much. So, today I didn't mind if I ate a little more at dinner. I'll just do an extra-long walk on the treadmill. It doesn't mean that I failed or that I have to start over or that I "lost" any of the ground I had gained. It just means that I have to keep going, day to day, trying to make good choices and trying to stay busy and trying to keep exercising. I do pretty good overall, and that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment