Monday, April 26, 2010

Good day

And, no, I wasn't saying hello in Australian.

Today was a good day for eating. I kept my calories under 1400, never felt like I was starving hungry and managed to keep to my am rule of no processed sugar. I had one moment when I was going to have a few Jolly Rancher candies, but after moaning about overeating all weekend, hubby grabbed the candies and threw them in the trash. I NEARLY went into the trash to retrieve them when he wasn't looking, but managed to resist and then the craving went away. Later, when I was driving my 7 year old to the store, I had a candy that had been in my purse, but didn't have any more than that even though there were more in my purse. That was a good moment :)

I worked out to a Jillian Michaels DVD today, which kicked my butt. I didn't even complete the full 40 minute workout; probably I did about 30 minutes. Ah well, 30 minutes is much better than nothing.

If it isn't raining in the morning, I'll be going for a jog with a friend. That will be a relief after Jillian Michaels :)

I've implemented 2 new "rules." Not really rules, per se, but I don't have a better word for it. The first is no eating after 9pm. Not hard and fast (I'm not going to quickly cram a bunch of food in at 8:59 pm) but I want to try to stop eating so mindlessly at night and thought this may help. The second is that for every 3 days I do well, I get one day off. Not completely off, like eat a million calories with no sweat, but off as in not having to actually count calories. Maybe this will help me from completely losing it and going bonkers with my eating after being religious about withholding calories for several days. I know that I just have to do well tomorrow and the next day and then I can relax my eating regimen a little and not having to feel guilty or bad about it. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment