Monday, April 12, 2010

Breakfast

I do eat breakfast most mornings, although often late in the morning. I don't exactly wake up super early though. However, I'm wondering if part of my overeating is related to my breakfast choice. I've been eating a sourdough English muffin for the past week. I suddenly LOVE sourdough toast but the bread has too many calories so I switched to the English muffins. I then, of course, put butter and low-cal jam on it. That's a lot of bad carbs and fat, right? That's what I'm thinking. Maybe not such a good way to start the day.

Therefore, I'm going to try an experiment. For the next 3 days, I will start my day by eating a bowl of shredded wheat w/ bran cereal (already in the cupboard) WITHOUT sugar, sugar-free tea and MAYBE a piece of friut. No refined sugar before noon. I wonder if that will help change some of my eating habits.

Today I have already gone over my calorie burn for the day. I ate and ate and ate around noon. I had chocolate candy and Sun Chips and crackers and nut clusters. I didn't want to stop eating. Urgh! At least the chocolate candy, crackers and Sun Chips are GONE. I had the kids help me finish them off so there wouldn't be the temptation in the house.

So, let's see how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment