Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Beginnings

Last night, as I was trying to fall asleep with a too-full stomach and feeling like such a fat pig, I decided that enough was enough. I CAN stop eating, if I really want to. I have proven to myself that I can say no to unhealthy food even when I'm truly hungry. I have proven to myself that it isn't about willpower or self-control but about making a firm commitment and not being wishy-washy about it. It truly is all in my head.

Thus, today has been a very good day with regarding to eating. I didn't get much of a walk in because it started raining and because I've been so swamped with work; however, I do intend to walk some more this evening on the treadmill. I am bound and determined, finally, to buckle down and start losing some serious weight. I'm tired of kinda trying to lose weight. It's not like I am physically incapable of doing so. I just haven't WANTED to enough. I've wanted the food more than I've wanted to lose weight. Today, I want to lose weight more than I want to eat yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment