Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Experiment Day 1

So today was the first day of my experiment of no eating refined sugar in the morning. I decided on 4 hours, from the first time I ate, which was at 10:00 am. I had a bowl of shredded wheat with NO sugar on it. I had a cup of tea w/ Truvia.

I decided to eat lunch at 1:30 since I had company coming at 2 and knew I wouldn't be able to eat again until evening. Which put me before the 4 hour mark. I looked for all sorts of eats, but everything in my cupboard was out - even veggie beef soup!! Did you know veggie beef soup has sugar in it??? I didn't, but now I do. EVERYTHING has sugar in it!! I ended up scrambling a couple eggs with chopped tomatoes and onions. It was actually really yummy and I was glad that I had to put more effort into my lunch than just heating up a can of soup.

As far as how I ate over the day... REALLY well!!! I ate some grapes (which tasted especially sweet after avoiding sugar for my first 2 meals), crackers and cheese and avoided the cookies someone had brought over. For dinner I ate some potato soup, a salad and one piece of whole grain bread. I then had 4 Jolly Rancher candies for dessert :)

I felt much more in control of my eating. I didn't feel like eating beyond hunger or that I couldn't get full. Whether this was due in fact with my avoiding refined sugar for the beginning of my day, or just because of the act in avoiding a certain food made me feel more in control, I have no idea. That's why I wanted to do it for at least 3 days.

I also walked with my neighbor this evening. We hadn't walked earlier as we would have usually, but I decided this evening to just go for a walk and asked if she wanted to join me, which she did. We didn't have our lil ones or strollers so we put in some good mileage. I feel really good about that too.

All in all, a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment