Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Scale Mania

I really need to GET OFF THE SCALE. I swear, I jump on it every time I go for a pee (which is quite often when I'm drinking the appropriate amount of water). Its a sickness.

I just finished reading Jen Lancaster's "Such a Pretty Fat." I HIGHLY recommend this book, whether to someone also waging the fat war or just anyone wanting a laugh. The book is a memoir on her weight loss efforts and is just plain funny. In fact, I've now ordered her first two books.

I purchased ANOTHER exercise DVD (don't tell hubby) - Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism that promises up to 5 pounds weight loss per week. All I can say is: YIKES. Not that I've tried it yet, but anything that promises those kinds of results and with Jillian Michaels, you know its going to be an ass kicker. I'll be doing it later today and, if I can still walk to the computer, will let you know how it is tomorrow.

Since we are officially moving to Washington at the end of the summer, I'm obsessed with it. It is going to be a LOT of work, which I'm not looking forward to. We'll still be living here another couple months but I'm already thinking of what I can pack and what I can get rid of. I've ordered a charity pick-up of clothes we no longer fit/want and a couple pieces of furniture I don't want to take with me. I've been suffering some mild insomnia with all the worries and plans going through my head. Its too early to be able to DO much but it feels really soon too.

The good thing is since the move is my current obsession, I'm not obsessing AS MUCH on food. Which means my portions and rate of food stuffing has been more reasonable the last few days. But, I'm hardly relaxed and easy about it all still. In fact, I feel rather manic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment