Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Only 8

Alas, I only made it to just over 8 miles. It was much harder than I had thought it would be. It took me just shy of 3 hours to get that far and by then I had blisters on both feet and my calf musles were cramping up. I still feel sore. I could barely walk across the house afterward. I also burned 1110 calories, according to the machine. I even did some upper body work while I was walking.

I ate a little extra after dinner to make up for the calories but I still only ate 1500 calories today. I feel exhausted, but happy with my efforts despite not making it to the 10 mile marker. I will try again in another month or so.

I think I'll just do some stationary bike work at the gym tomorrow, to give myself a bit of a break and save my poor feet from any additional blisters.

I really hope I see some movement on the scale soon. I realized yesterday that I first got to 169 in November - 3 months! I haven't made any real progress in 3 months. That's annoying. Although, I guess I have to admit that I may not have had progress on the scale, but I'm in much better shape since January. And much, much better shape than when we lived in So Cal last year. I remember when we first moved here we went for a hike and I could barely do a mile. I've come so far! That's what I have to hold on to and remember; what the scale says means nothing next to how strong and healthy I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment