Friday, March 27, 2009

Seems to be Working

So, I've been tracking my food intake using the WW formula and an old journal. I guess this is working for me because I've had a pretty steady decrease in my weight. Nothing to jump up and down and scream from the rafters about, but steady, steady, which is what I was looking for. I'm using my weekly allowance points like crazy, but I'm trying to make really smart choices for my food points, insofar as sticking to nutritious foods rather than just using up my points on any ol thing I want to eat.

Exercise-wise, I've been doing a dif DVD every day at noon-time. Today, it was Jillian's 30-
Day Shred. Ugh! That one's tough. And I'm still only on Level 1 (such a wimp!). Tomorrow is "Cardio Inferno" which kicks my butt, but is fun.

I have a new food addiction: baked potato (4 mins in micro) with a slice of low-fat cheese and seasoned salt. Its yummy! And only 4 points. And very filling. And quick, easy, cheap. What's not to love?? And supposedly potatoes are one of those super foods with more potassium than a banana.

I also figured out a quick, easy way to make quick-oats oatmeal. It works for me because I loathe overcooked oatmeal, I like it to be slightly chewy still. Anyway, it's 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup 1% milk and then micro for 1 min. Top with a lil honey and it's perfect. The perfect portion too.

And I made this super-burrito that I really liked: Cook 1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach in a spray of olive oil for 10 mins, add 1/4 cup low-fat cheese and 1 tsp salsa-ranch. Then put it all into a whole-wheat tortilla. Its super delish and really low cal.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in and I hope I get a good number!! Upping my water intake to help - I figure if nothing else I'll burn extra calories going to the bathroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment