Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feeling Pretty Good

I feel pretty good today, despite a lingering headache from last night. I did get on the treadmill last night, thanks to the encouragement of a fellow blogger, and did 75 minutes, burning 400 calories, so the machine said. Although, I think the machines are generous with the numbers. I felt super tired and went to bed with a book while the older kids watched a scary movie.

This morning I woke early after yet another night of undisturbed sleep from the 1 year old :) I can't tell you what a difference it makes when I'm not being woken to warm a milk in the middle of the night, or twice or thrice. I didn't even realize how much sleep I was missing as a result until the last few nights. I am REALLY happy he's sleeping through at the moment, although I'm worried it's just a minor trend and he'll resort to his previous nightly routine.

I made the kids french toast for breakfast, bathed the baby (he got banana in his hair) and paid the older girls $10 each to clean out my van :) I did a quickie yoga DVD for back health and will go for a walk later. Or get back on my treadmill because I'm listening to an interesting book on CD at the mo. I have dishes and laundry to do, food to buy and I am going to visit a "gently used" kids clothing store to buy some pants for my 6 year old, who has gone through a major growth spurt. We're still struggling financially, so I don't want to spend more than $20. If I don't find anything there, I guess I can go to a thrift store, although I actually hate the smell of thrift shops. I know that sounds snobbish, but they just seem unclean to me. Its one of my neurosis. Not that I haven't ever purchased anything in a thrift shop, because I have, I just prefer the second-hand clothing shops for kids because it seems cleaner.

Anyway, best get on, I have b-fast dishes to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment