Monday, April 20, 2009

Hot and no TV

It was nearly 100 degrees today. We were going to go for a walk on a new trail we'd found, but it was just too darned hot. When we'd walked on Sunday, my 6-year old had been red-faced for a good hour after and it wasn't as hot as it was today. So, I did another round on my treadmill while listening to another CD of my book. It works out good because each CD is 65 to 75 minutes long, which is a good length of time to walk. I walked nearly 4 miles tonight. And I am really enjoying the book so I don't feel like it's a chore. I also did a Pilates Core Challenge DVD this morning. Or, at least some of it. It is REALLY difficult. I was able to do most of the exercises in the first 20 minutes, but then it got to poses I couldn't hope to achieve. That's okay, though, because I'll work my way up to them and I feel I got a good workout in the 20 minutes.

In an effort to save money, I turned the Satellite TV off, thinking that with digital TV now it will be easy to hook something up in its place. Unfortunately, you still need an antenna, which I hadn't figured for, and this house does not have an antenna. I know you can get "bunny ears" but I also know they don't always work well. So, I will have to wait until hubby gets home and have him rig something workable up. Which means no BL tomorrow :( BL is the ONLY program I watch religiously each week. Its usually the only thing I watch at all on TV, which is why I got rid of the satellite TV. It's a bummer not to be able to see this week's. But, not the end of the world. And we can still watch DVD's if we want and I've rented "The Reader."

Food-wise, did pretty well today. I still need to eat a lot of veg to get my fiber up but it hasn't been bad. I tried one of Healthy Choices new line of frozen dinners, the Potstickers meal, and it was pretty good although I don't like Tofu. I really liked the sauce though and FINALLY it had brown rice instead of white.

Well, enough rambling for me tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment