Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good Weekend

I've had a good weekend thus far. Yesterday, I got the house all cleaned up and my living room rearranged before hubby got home. After he'd had time to unwind, we went out to dinner with the two younger kids because my 13 year old was at a sleep-over. We came home and talked and then went to bed early.

I did really well at dinner last night - ate only half of a plate of veggies, chicken & pasta with no sauce and a dinner roll. I did have a piece of cheesecake for dessert though. I felt fine after dinner; not the usual stuffed I feel when going out to eat.

I woke at 6:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. I finally got up and had some coffee and high-fiber cereal. I took a shower and then went for a walk to the end of my street and back (2 miles, 1/4 of which is a hill). Today we are going to a new friend's house for lunch (yes, I finally have made a friend!). This is our first social activity since moving to Redding.

I have now completed 21 days of exercise!! I feel great for it and am actually really happy I made that goal. I feel smaller and lighter and stronger. In fact, while walking back home I was thinking how grateful I am for having to worry about my weight because otherwise I wouldn't have realized how great it feels to eat healthier and exercise every day. Does that sound perverse? My husband thought so :)

Well, off to do laundry, yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment