Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dead Tired in WA

So Alenn got home from work yesterday at 8:30 pm, but by the time we got the van packed and actually left, it was 10:00 pm. I drove until 3:00 am, which got us halfway through Oregon. Alenn then drove us the rest of the way to Seattle and we arrived at 7:30 am. Although I got a little bit of sleep while Alenn was driving, I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep well. I am looking forward to a soft bed tonight!

Alenn used his points to get us a really nice suite at the Mariott. Its a mini-apartment, complete with refrigerator, stove and dishes! And it was recently built so its very nice. I was able to get some work done this afternoon while the kids watched on-demand movies and destoyed the room - at least I feel at home with the destruction :).

Alenn won't finish his work for today until 7:00 pm and as tired as we are, we likely won't do any site seeing today. That's okay, though. In a little bit, I'm going to take the kids to get some must-haves and drive around a bit to get a look-see. We're not in Seattle anymore, but a little farther north. The sun just now came out, so I'm anxious to go as soon as the movie they're watching is over. We're paying for the privilege, so I want to get my full money's worth!

I'm not sure what I'll do for a workout today. I ate a really bad breakfast at Denny's this morning - a cheese, egg and ham sandwich and a couple of their new pancake balls. Also, we had McD's for dinner last night, which is defo a bad idea. So, I'm like mega off my diet at the moment and I'd better have a good dinner and do some exercise if I don't want to gain 10 pounds this weekend. I'll have to ask if they have a gym here. If not, maybe I can find a park to take the kids to and walk around in.

No comments:

Post a Comment