Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rainy Monday

I nearly called and cancelled my reservation for Nathan at the gym daycare, but then hubby walked in and started helping me get ready to go. So, I went to the gym. I did a good workout:

30 min eliptical
20 min bike
10 min strength-training

My food intake so far has been:

1/2 bagel w/ 1 tbs fat-free cream cheese
1/2 pot of low-fat yogurt
4 oz orange juice

Asian Salad
whole grain bread w/ 1 tbs peanut butter
smooshed fruit leather

1 cup coffee w/ 2 tsp sugar & 1% milk
36 oz of water (so far)

Good day so far. I have to make up for Saturday when hubby and I got Indian food (which I could smell on my sweat today, really disgusting). I also had 2 strawberry margaritas and a piece of the kids' pizza on Saturday night. Total self-sabotage.

Yesterday I did 35 min on the treadmill and 15 min on the bike at home. I wanted to go to the gym but just never made it. On a good note, I followed through and made a menu for this week of dinners from my WW cookbook and the Cooking Light cookbook. I came up with 7 meals and was given $200. I spent $180! Usually I spend over $250 at the grocery store. So, not only do I have all the ingredients for 7 healthy meals that are easy to make, I actually saved money that way. I also purchased lunch and breakfast stuff, so it wasn't $180 just on 7 dinners :). I was really pleased with myself, though. Last night I made salmon, rice, broccoli and fresh baked (bought) whole wheat/multi-grain bread.

Tonight we're have thin-sliced broiled steak, baked potatoes w/ light butter, salad and a roasted asparagus/red pepper side dish from the WW cookbook.

I was a little up on the scale this morning and I think its from Saturday's high-fat food and multiple margaritas. I've been exercising everyday, but not enough to make up for my day of over-consumption. I also think I have been retaining water because even with drinking alcohol, I didn't have to keep running to the bathroom like I normally would. I've been drinking tons of water today and yesterday to try to make up for it.

I hope I'm back down on the scale by Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment