Thursday, February 19, 2009

Regroup

I have not had a good week with myself. I had a couple of okay days with exercising but I have not been to the gym all week. I have been waking up later than I should. I have not been doing as well with keeping up with the housework. I have not cooked dinner all week. We have eaten out twice this week and eating out is a total no-no for us, not just because of consuming more calories that way but because we're supposed to be saving money as much as possible.

I woke this morning feeling down and not wanting to do anything. This is how I used to wake up every morning but had managed to overcome this feeling for a couple weeks. When I was sticking to my schedule for sleep/wake, keeping my work/housework done, and going to the gym everyday, I was waking up feeling fine.

In fact, I didn't exercise at all yesterday and it's interesting that today I should wake up feeling more down than I have in weeks.

I will DEFINITELY exercise today. But, I'm not going to the gym or to the garage - I am going to do a long walk outside on our river trail. It is sunny, finally, after 2 weeks of non-stop rain and cold. I have read that exercising outside is the BEST form of altering one's mood. I am going to do this as soon as the kids get home from school. That gives us a couple hours of daylight. And I am going to do the full 5.5 mile trail. It will take a couple hours, but so what? It will be GOOD for me and the kids.

That makes me feel better, anyway, to have a plan.

I did weigh-in yesterday and was back down to 169.8. Just another 1.8 pounds to get back to 168, where I was when I went on that vacation. I'll be happy to be at 168 again and working downward rather than upward on the scale.

I WILL drink my water today and eat well today. In fact, I'm going to cut way back on my calories for 2 days and then go back to normal eating. Firstly, to get out of the habit of mindless eating, which I've started doing since the vacation, and secondly to restart my serious weight loss efforts. I'm tired of kinda trying to lose weight and want to get down and dirty with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment