Monday, February 2, 2009

I did well at the gym today. 65 minutes on the treadmill (including 10 mins jogging and 25 mins incline) and 20 minutes on the stationary bike. I didn't do any strength training today because I ran out of time. I was sweating buckets, though, so I knew I had a good workout. I've also started pushing myself on the bike, increasing the difficulty until I can barely pedal and then dropping it back down after a couple minutes. That's how athletes train, right? I like challenging myself, too. I want to see how much stronger I will be in a couple weeks compared to today.

Eating lately, not as good. I don't know why, but I have fallen off the wagon since the pizza incident. Not that all my choices are bad, but not all my choices are good. Not that all my choices were good before, but lately less of my choices have been good than before. Its like since I gave myself the night off with the pizza and Mountain Dew, I can't gear myself up for behaving with my food choices again. And twice over the past week (once being the pizza day and the other time being last night) I have eaten, knowingly, past the point of satiation. More self-sabotage. I just haven't figured out what the driving force behind it is.

At least I'm still doing well with the exercising, though. I didn't make it to the gym over the weekend but on Saturday I did some yoga and chased Nathan around the backyard and Sunday I went for a hike with the fam and then played soccer in the parking lot before we left. I love those kinds of days. In fact, it was only cuz hubby finished work super early that we were able to do that. I wish we could do it every weekend, but Alenn is gone too much. In fact, he'll be in away again next weekend :(. I just found out and I'm not looking forward to it.

Yesterday, I noticed that I've been feeling increasingly lonely lately. Not only is Alenn often gone, but we have moved away from all friends and family and have yet to make new friends.

Ack, enough whinging! Everyone has their trials, I just need to take it one day at a time and enjoy today.

3 comments:

  1. WOW great job working out! I understand feeling lonely and it helps to get out more often. I'e found a few bloggers near me and we meet up for coffee once in a while. I hope you meet some new people soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT job in the gym! You are doing awesome!

    I so understand the lonely stuff too. I go through all that every time I move. It gets harder to make friends as you get older but you can do it! I find that taking some classes helps. I took an aqua aerobics class at a local recreation center and made some great friends that I meet up with for coffee from time to time. I have also taken pottery classes and things like that.

    Hope you are doing well and are getting back on track with the eating plan! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your exercise!!!

    Be strong, you can get the eating undercontrol!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete