Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 6 Went...

So, Day 6 started out well...but didn't end so well. Firstly, I had a lunch out with my moms group. I did well, eating only a garden salad with ranch dressing on the side. Then hubby and I went out to dinner and, again, I did pretty well, eating only a small steak, baked potato and steamed broccoli (no bread or anything!). Then, when we got home I went for my first workout at the gym.

Let me say here...wow! It was pretty busy even at 8:00 pm on a Sunday night. I was really surprised. I thought for sure it would be a quiet time, but not so. I couldn't do a lot because my calves were still sore, but I walked for a bit on the treadmill and then did some upper body strength training. Enough that I feel a bit sore today.

After getting home from the gym, I had an post workout snack consisting of an apple and crackers w/ low-fat cheese spread.

By that time I was a little high on my calories, but not out of the park. Unfortunately, my eating didn't stop there.

I sat and watched a movie with hubby while consuming the following: More crackers and cheese; a chocolate dipped granola bar; a second chocolate dipped granola bar; and a bowl of pringles. My total calories for the day amounted to approx 2300. Which meant I ate 250 MORE calories than I had burned throughout the day, despite my workout.

Today I did pretty well until dinner. I had bean and ham soup, which was a bit high on the calories because of the beans. Then I ate popcorn and ANOTHER chocolate dipped granola bar. (Fortunately the granola bars are GONE and I will never buy them again because I obviously have no control when they are in the house.) I've eaten about 1450 calories, but fortunately I walked for over an hour this afternoon. I still didn't meet my restriction goal for my weight loss, but at least I didn't eat more calories than I burned. Between yesterday and today, my weight loss isn't going to be as good this week. Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment