Monday, January 4, 2010

Motivation, Weight Watchers, Running & Feeling Bummed

First off, I'm bummed because its back to the daily grind. The 2 week hiatus during the holidays was a nice break. I was still working, but the kids were home and I had family visiting and it was just a break from the norm.

Eating-wise, I didn't do too hot but neither did I have any binges. It helps when your parents are staying with you :). We ate healthfully, if not necessarily low-cal. And we had pie for dessert two different nights. But, still... no binging and we were eating good home-cooked dinners including salads and steamed veggies. We also ate good breakfasts because my parents are used to cooking breakfast every morning and they are both health-conscious of what they eat. In fact, my mom lost about 40 pounds this year and is as thin as she was when she was in her 20s, so she is pretty conscious of what she eats. We also managed to get some form of exercise in every day, primarily consisting of walks and doing the Wii Fit. My mom LOVED the Wii Fit and plans to buy her own. I'm looking forward to getting my Wii Fit Plus from Amazon, which should come in next week.

I didn't run at all this week. I tried going for a run the day before my parents flew in last Wednesday but it was icy and I kept worrying I was going to slip and fall. Plus, in trying to plant my feet well with each stride, my calves started aching. So, I only managed to jog for half a mile. So, first goal this week is to get a couple days of runs in. Tonight I'm determined to go to Jazzercise, though. I want to get back into the habit before all the resolutioners start filling up the class.

I'm considering joining Weight Watchers. I want to get serious about my weight loss. I haven't made any significant in-roads in my weight loss for nearly a year. I want to get into the 140s and below. But, I seem to have trouble getting motivated. On the other hand, I had joined Weight Watchers in the past and it hadn't helped much. But, then again, I know that the leader can have a huge impact on the success of the program. And your fellow WW's. Besides the cost, I'm loathe to give up one of my Jazzercise class days. Even though I haven't been going every class, if I join WW then I definitely won't go to all three classes per week and I think I should make myself available to all 3 since I'm paying for it. Hopefully that makes sense. On the other hand, if it helps to get my butt into gear with my diet...

So, here are my goals for this week (it's a goal oriented week after all):

1. Run at least twice.
2. Attend at least 2 Jazzercise classes
3. Track calories
4. Look into ways to re-motivate myself
5. Find something to look forward to

Hope everyone survived the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you set weekly goals-great idea. I'm not a member of WW, but I believe that their is an online membership available if time is a problem for you.

    ReplyDelete